Let me start off by saying that I have A LOT of hair. The strands are relatively thin but the amount and layers of hair that I have make it pretty thick. I don't have a very extensive routine when it comes to my hair, but I do make sure to keep it healthy and styled to my liking. The products that I use really help in keeping my hair looking nice and under control. So without further ado, here's my "hair" spiel:
1. I always make sure to get my hair trimmed every 8 weeks or so. I use a lot of heat on it, so I have to make sure I get the dead ends cut off regularly. I always get long layers cut into my hair to frame my face.
2. As far as color goes, I get that done professionally at Ulta Beauty Salon. My hair stylist always does an amazing job and never fails to impress me.
3. For shampoo and conditioner, I always mix it up because my hair tends to "get used to" certain products. In my opinion, the best brands for shampoo/conditoner are Pureology, Redken, and AG. If you are on a budget, I recommend the OGX brand. The main thing I look for in shampoo and conditioner is sulfate free and low levels of silicone.
4. After I wash my hair, I always comb it out and apply Redken's One United leave in product. This product does everything it claims to do and I will always, always continue to repurchase this. It makes my hair soft, reduces static/frizz, and acts as a heat protestant.
5. If I plan on letting my hair air dry I also use Redken's Just Right Cream. It helps reduce the amount of time it takes my hair to dry and adds texture to my natural style.
6. After my hair is dry, I either straighten or curl it. The hair straightener and curling wand I use are made by the same brand and I really love them. When curling my hair, I wrap medium sized sections around the wand to create loose waves. When straightening my hair, I like to use AG's Firewall to add extra heat protection and to give my hair a sleek look.
7. After my hair is styled, I usually apply some type of oil to give it softness and shine. I highly recommend Macadamia Oil and Argan Oil
8. On days that I don't wash my hair, I use Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo.
And that's pretty much it! I don't like to use tons of product on my hair at once because it tends to weigh it down. I hope you gained something from this post and let me know some of your hair tips in the comments below!